Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick in RD325

I love high-end make-up, and I love paying stupid prices for a single item because it makes me feel as I've added something truly special to my collection. I always ask for make-up for my birthday and my little brother kindly let me pick this Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick (£22 / 4g/.14oz) from Boots. I've never tried anything by Shiseido before, mainly because I would probably only order one thing at a time because they're so damn expensive. When making an order online or buying beauty products from a shop, I like to buy as many things at the one time as I can afford, naturally. I had high expectations for this lipstick and I was not disappointed in the slightest. From the get go, I felt as though I was getting my money's worth as the packaging is so classy and expensive-looking (I should hope so!) The lipstick casing is similarly sleek and elegant, and is something you'd be proud to show off on a night out. I love the contrast of the shiny outer casing against the matte-effect tube in which the lipstick resides. The lipstick colour itself is a pinky-red, which for me, makes my teeth look even whiter! Result! The pigmentation is opaque and gives a matte finish, which is surprisingly not drying. Mattes usually have a horrible drying effect, but this one does not. The lipstick is comfortable and easy to apply - it doesn't exactly glide over the lips per se, but there's certainly no tugging or pulling. It's lack of scent makes it great for those of you are sensitive to smell. This particular shade, RD325, goes rather nicely with my pale skin, and is simply perfect along with a minimalist eye look. In terms of staying power, it will last a good few hours at the very least, which is amazing. Let's be realistic though, one has to eat and drink! When drinking it stays put and doesn't really stain on the glass either. However when I ate, as I expect with every lipstick, it did fade and left a ring of colour around the perimeter of my lips. This does not put me off in the slightest, as I am so used to re-applying lip products after eating anyway. All in all, I've had a gorgeous experience with this lippy, and definitely feel inclined to try out more make-up from Shiseido in the future. I would highly recommend it if you're willing to break the bank for a bit of luxury. It's well worth it every now and then!

Hope you found this review helpful! Have a beautiful day, as always :)
P.S. I'm currently running a Twitter comp for one lucky person to win two Barry M sparkly Nail Paints! Check out my Twitter for details! Good luck. 







Stay up to date with Glitterbomb Makeup by following via GFC or Bloglovin'!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is such a gorgeous shade! I've never tried Shisedo either, but their products are always raved about.. This lipstick looks so luxurious :))) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous and I really love the colour!
      x

      Delete
  2. I agree, sometimes it's worth splashing out on a high end product every now and then to treat yourself. Never tried anything from this brand myself but I hear lots of good things about them! This lipstick looks gorgeous.

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we all need a wee treat every now and again ;). Definitely want to try more from Shiseido now!
      x

      Delete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.