Friday, 10 January 2014

MAC Nocturnals Pigments & Glitter in Silver/Violet (Holiday 2013)

I know I probably should have posted about these in the days after Christmas, but unfortunately, I'm just getting round to it now. I appreciate that these may not be as readily available online or in-store as they were in the past couple of months, but I still wanted to share these with you all. Even if you can't find this anywhere, know that at least two of the shades are in the permanent collection! MAC is my favourite make-up brand and I always get so excited when I receive any of their products as a gift. I don't usually opt for pigments when it comes to buying MAC eye products as they are generally quite messy and I just prefer pressed shadows. Nevertheless, I will still endeavour to use these as best I can. I think these colours in particular would be great for an evening look. For now, here's some photos!




L-R: Vanilla (permanent), Kitschmas (permanent), Pink (glitter), Push The Edge (repromote), Grey (glitter)


Swatched L-R: Kitschmas, Vanilla, Grey (glitter), Push The Edge, Pink (glitter)



Kitschmas


Vanilla


Grey (glitter)


Pink (glitter)


Push The Edge

All of these shades look gorgeous in their own right but going by the swatches, there could be a few hits or misses. Vanilla and Kitschmas are undeniably stunning when reflected in the light and their pigmentation is nice and opaque. Push The Edge appears to be the weakest of the bunch, as it's colour pay-off is not as bold as it appears to be in the packaging. A real judgement can only be made once I wear it on my eyes, so hopefully this performs better when actually worn as intended. The glitters were pretty damn difficult to swatch, but I think used with an eye-safe glitter adhesive, they would create a beautiful mass of sparkly goodness on the eyes! This kit will sit proudly in my ever-growing MAC collection. I just hope it really wows me when I go to try them out!

What do you think of MAC pigments?
Did you try anything from the Holiday 2013 collection?
Let me know in the comments!
Have a lovely day!

Stay up to date with Glitterbomb Makeup by following via GFC or Bloglovin'!

P.S. I'm also running a Twitter giveaway for one of you to win two super sparkly Barry M Nail Paints. Check my Twitter for details! Ends 19th Jan. UK only.

4 comments:

  1. They all look fabby! Push The Edge is a gorgeous shade of purple and although I tend to stay away from glitters (far too messy for me!) Grey looks beautiful!

    Alana | Alana Gets Healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC's just my favourite ❤! The glitters are gorgeous. So sparkly and lovely, but very messy indeed! I need to invest in something like the LIT cosmetics glitter adhesive for them
      x

      Delete
  2. Hiya lovely! found you on #bbloggers and your URL stood out like a house on fire! gorgeous photos and your writing is fabulous! Followed you on here and also bloglovin' keep up the good work!

    r4dicalgeorgia.blogspot.co.uk

    Georgia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! That means so much to me that you think so! :) Comments like yours are the best part of being a blogger. Good luck with starting your own blog!
      x

      Delete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.