Sunday, 5 January 2014

Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder

Bronzer is something I've always been absolutely terrified of. My thought process is that it would make me look as if I've slathered chocolate milkshake powder or mud on my face. Something unbecoming and gross-looking anyway. Seeing other people in the beauty blogger world rant and rave about bronzers made me a bit jealous that I was missing out on all the fun, so I decided to take the plunge a month or two ago. Being pale and adding some sort of warmth to my face never appealed to me before, but I'm happy to report that it does infact look nice! If you're a bit iffy like I was, just try it out. You may be pleasantly surprised, and it opens a whole new world of beauty products that have previously been left unexplored. My choice of bronzer to pick up was Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder in shade 52 (£6.99 / 16.5g/0.6oz). I'd seen loads of bloggers posting about this little gem and wanted to see for myself what the hype was all about. Firstly, and I'm sure you'll agree, the packaging is so unique and is generally just a nice thing to look at. I know there are other chocolate-themed or scented bronzers out there, but the Bourjois one looks to be one of a kind. It's like a little book which when opened reveals the product which looks like a slab of chocolate. I just can't get over how adorable and cool the whole thing is! I apply the product with a powder brush to the perimeter of my face, my jawline and my cheekbones. Applying to the upper facial perimeter adds a healthy glow and contouring the cheekbones makes my face appear thinner and adds dimension. Adding bronzer to the jawline gives definition which is especially great for those of us carrying more weight. You could also apply to the décolletage area if you want. 






This bronzer is fabulous for people just starting out with bronzer, as it looks natural and is buildable. If you look closely, you can see flecks of gold shimmer embedded within the product but these do not translate to the face. The texture itself is smooth and buttery-soft. Probably one of the features that draws people in the most is the scent, which is supposed to be that of chocolate. I'll admit when I first smelled the product I really did not like it. It smelled too prosthetic for me, and I didn't get even a hint of chocolate, just a generic sweet scent. As you use the product more and more, for whatever reason, the chocolate scent comes through and it's a scent that I actually really love. I'm usually not a fan of chocolate-scented beauty products as they never smell as they are supposed to, but just give this one a bit of time if you experienced the same first impression as me. Bourjois' bronzing powder has definitely not hindered my interest in bronzing products, infact, it has made me want to get out there and try all different kinds, creams and powders alike. Overall, I've had a surprising and positively lovely experience with this product! It's something I now use on a day-to-day basis and I would highly recommend it to you all.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this review helped!
Have an amazing day!


Stay up to date with Glitterbomb Makeup by following via GFC or Bloglovin'!

9 comments:

  1. This is such a cute looking bronzer. I like how it looks really matte as well.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I really need to try this bronzer - it's such an iconic product. I think I might need a paler shade though but it's such a bargain! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's brilliant! The swatch on my hand looks darker than it goes on my face, for some reason. Give it a go :)
      x

      Delete
  3. I'm pale too and bronzers often scare me as I'm so worried i'll look orange or dirty but as long as you get a good one there is nothing to worry about!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite warm toned and I'm still feeling quite iffy about using bronzer, I don't want to look orange! I bought my first one the other day though and was pleasantly surprised! xx
    ashleighrhiane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I don't want to look orange either! Just have to find the right one for you. Which one did you buy?
      xx

      Delete
  5. Ahh my friend was saying the other day about a chocolate scented bronzer... Must have been this one!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.