Tuesday, 1 October 2013

I'm back! + Beauty Haul

Hello lovelies!
I have kinda just disappeared off the face of the blogging world for the past month or so, and to be perfectly honest, I don't have a particular reason why. I just simply haven't found the time. Whilst there have been a shed load of things actually happening to me (a break-up amongst other things) in this short space of time, I'm just plodding along as normal. I'm so happy and excited to be back in the fabulous world of beauty bloggers now, and I hope you'll give me a slap on the wrist and not let me neglect my poor, little blog ever again!

I can honestly say I haven't bought any make-up for around... two months or so. I'm a bit iffy about the exact time period. This thought makes me incredibly sad but I really need to get my finances in order at the moment, and unfortunately, make-up is an expense I've told myself I do not need. My inner beauty addict tells me differently. My bills and living costs come first, though. That's what happens in the big, bad world. Can the big, bad world not just produce trees that in turn produce money? Sigh. Anyway, on to the good stuff!

I bought these goodies from Boots & Home Bargains, as a teeny weeny little treat to myself. The items from Home Bargains especially were indeed, a bargain. I would never have thought to go in there for any beauty products, but my Mum was going in so I thought I'd might aswell have a look.





Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in Red Diva (£3.99 / 0.25g) and the Lasting Finish by Kate Matte Lipstick in 107 (£5.49 / 4g) were the only two items that I actually kind of needed. I went to a 60th last Saturday and knew that I wanted to wear winged liner and red lips - the only problem being I didn't own a red lip liner. Infact, I think I own probably one other lip liner. Red lippy can bleed something awful and get a bit messy so I wanted to make sure it would stay put as much as possible. You can't beat a bold red lip. The Home Bargains offerings were a total impulse buy and they really were cheap as chips. My hair is forever frizzy and just generally horrific-looking, even when I straighten it. It really, really bugs me and I picked up the Argan Oil Hair Treatment (£1.99 / 100ml) hoping it would make my hair silky smooth. The treatment is supposed to 'repair and rejuvenate, leaving hair shiny, smooth & healthy'. I'm not so much into haircare as I am into skincare and I couldn't resist a new lip balm. Nivea Pearly Shine lip balm (£1.99 / 4.8g) is one that I haven't tried before, but I knew from liking other Nivea lipcare products that I had to add this to my collection. I was also drawn in by the shimmery, girly packaging. I can't help myself! The BB cream revolution was not something I was overly excited about myself, as I tend to opt for medium-heavy coverage foundations. I picked up this product for the sheer hell of it, but to be honest I'm doubting already whether it was worth it or not. Pure BB Cream in Light (£1.99 / 30ml) is a fragrance-free blemish balm which also contains vitamin E and mineral pigments. As with a fair few other drugstore foundations or face products, the shade range is truly abysmal. I have only swatched this product on my hand and can already tell it is far too orange for me. I will still give it a chance and try it on properly as we all know the colour of your hands can vary from the colour of your facial area. Last but not least, I got the Gemspa Reviving Rose Quartz Body Butter (£0.99 / 200ml) to help out with moisturising in the coming Winter months. I'm not religious when it comes to using bodycare products but I do it every now and again when I can be bothered. Props for the super girly packaging aswell.

What do you think of my little haul?
Let me know in the comments!

Why not follow Glitterbomb Makeup via GFC or Bloglovin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.