Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Dr. Organic Rose Otto Facial Serum


Being in the beauty blogging world for the past year has taught me a lot of things, especially the importance of a good skincare routine. If you had said to me last year that I should try a facial serum, I would have told you to get lost and that a product of such consistency would not work for me. You need to try things though to see if they do or don't work and I'm so glad that I branched out and tried something new. Facial serum is now an integral part of my skincare routine and it's most important feature for me is locking in extra moisture in my skin. Serums can have many appealing properties, such as anti-ageing ingredients, antioxidants, and hyaluronic acid, to name but a few. Some serums are also tailored specifically for certain problems too, like dull or acne-prone skin. Doing your research and choosing the right product for your skin is key for achieving the best results. The Dr. Organic Rose Otto Facial Serum (30ml / £12.29) boasts lots of lovely skincare benefits such as elasticity renewal and anti-ageing properties. It also contains bioactive, natural and organic ingredients, which I will list a bit later on.


I apply the product twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening. As directed on the instructions, I apply it before my moisturiser in the morning and after moisturising at night. The applicator is a glass dropper, which is great for people who are fussy about hygiene. It also means that it's easy to control how much product comes out. The serum itself is rose-scented and is a light-medium yellow colour. It does apply to the skin clear though, incase you're worried about walking around with a yellow face! The consistency is quite slick when you drop it onto your fingers but it absorbs quickly and entirely into the skin after a few seconds of it being on your face. The serum is non-greasy which is a big bonus for me. I apply it everywhere on my face (apart from my eyes, of course), even onto my nose which is the oiliest part of my face, however I do use a teeny tiny amount on that area. Even people with oily skin all over can benefit from a facial serum, although I can understand the thought is quite frightening. Using this serum in particular will make your moisturiser sink into the skin beautifully and I personally feel as if I don't have to use as much moisturiser as I did before using a serum. The serum itself seriously hydrates the skin and your moisturiser practically glides on, as does your make-up afterwards. My skin feels soft and plumper-looking after use and usually still looks this way even at the end of the day.


As for if this product actually works in terms of anti-ageing, I can't really comment on that as I'm only 21 and don't have any signs of ageing, so there will be no visible difference for me. Taking preventative anti-ageing action is just as important though. I purchased this product 4 months ago and there is still just over half left, so it really is worth the money. I would highly recommend this product for those taking their first steps into the facial serum world, as I don't think you will be put off trying different kinds in the future. Overall, an excellent purchase for me from the Dr. Organic brand. Lovely!

Bioactive, natural and organic ingredients:
Rose Otto oil, Rosehip oil, Argan oil, Passionflower seed oil, Geranium oil, Clove flower oil, Arnica flower oil, Jojoba oil, Vitamin E, Cotton seed oil, Rice bran oil, Meadowfoam seed oil, Calendula, Sweet almond oil, Soya bean oil, Sunflower seed oil, Vitamin C
VEGAN FRIENDLY


Why not follow Glitterbomb Makeup via GFC or Bloglovin?

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my giveaway?

    Win a SUITSUIT luggage set (value €407) on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use biooil and works like a wonder. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I tried Bio Oil years ago for my stretchmarks but got really impatient and stopped using it as I wasn't seeing results!
      x

      Delete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.