Sunday, 4 August 2013

ELF Studio Matte Lip Color in Tea Rose







ELF is one of those brands where I as a customer, fall between a love and hate relationship with them. I'm more into buying higher-end beauty products - I find it more exciting, but no one can pass up a bargain. ELF recently had a 60% off sale which was brilliant, and this was one of items I picked up online. I've had both good and bad experiences with their products, and this one kind of falls into the middle. The Matte Lip Color in Tea Rose (£3.75/1.8g) is a beautiful, muted pink with purple and grey undertones. Some can find this colour to be deceiving and when they do try it, it's not to their liking, but I infact love it. The lip pencil has a creamy consistency and applies to the lips for the most part, nicely. The pigmentation is really lovely and opaque. However, if you're like me and your lips aren't amazingly soft and perfect, then the product can cling to certain parts in a not so nice-looking way. ELF says that this "vitamin A, C & E enriched formula moisturises and hydrates lips", which for me, wasn't true at all. The formula actually made my lips feel drier and tighter. It wasn't an unbearable feeling but still, not particularly pleasant. If you have dry lips like me, then you may want to apply a balm over the top, but then I feel this defeats the purpose of a matte lip product. There are 5 other shades in this line, including Rich Red, which looks absolutely stunning, but for now is unfortunately out of stock. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for when they do get more stock in! Overall, I did like this shade and it's colour pay-off, but as I said, was rather disappointed with the formula. You can pick your own one up at www.eyeslipsface.co.uk.

What do you think of this lip colour?
Have you tried anything from the ELF Matte Lip Color range?
Let me know in the comments!

Why not follow Glitterbomb Makeup via GFC or Bloglovin?

13 comments:

  1. That's the difficulty with matte products, I suppose. Shame though, it's a lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not really into make up, basically I just put some lipstick or maybe mascara, but most of the time I don't put make up, but I guess this one is good ?? Right?? Actually I like it, it's fresh
    Nice blog girl :)

    Bisous from FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour!
    Shame it didn't work out the way you wanted it to.

    Salli
    xxx
    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll still wear it :) really like the colour
      xx

      Delete
  4. Great post! This looks good, Thanks for sharing!

    Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shade looks really gorgeous =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I own another lip colour like it
      xx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This colour looks lovely!
    Shame about the formula though.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.