Sunday, 18 August 2013

ELF Precision Liquid Eyeliner





Liquid eyeliner is my favourite make-up item of all time. I've been wearing it since my early teens and have definitely made some eyeliner faux pas in my time (let's put it down to inexperience). These days I'd like to think I've got my application down pretty well, but having a good product makes it so much easier. The ELF Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£3.75 / 3.6g) is a product I've been trying out for the past few days, and I've found it has definite bad points and definite good points. Shall we start with the good? The liner's applicator is one of the more flexible ones as opposed to a stiff nib-like applicator. I haven't had great experiences in the past with eyeliners that carry the flexible applicator trait, but for some reason, I found this one extremely easy to use. You can create lovely thin and thick lines with it, and it's good for those of us, like myself, who draw their eyeliner in one continuous line rather than in several, smaller strokes. The colour pay off given is not the most intense, deep, dark black I have ever seen, but it's safe to say it comes out just a regular black. Props for application, ELF! Sadly to say though, this product wasn't 100% perfect for me. The liner starts to fade in colour and even crack in certain areas after just a few short hours. I am not one for re-applying my eyeliner throughout the day, so it's safe to say I wasn't impressed with the staying power here. If ELF perhaps improved this part of the formula, I would be absolutely over the moon with this eyeliner. For an affordable £3.75, you can't really go wrong pricewise, but I need my eyeliner to stick with me all day long. You can buy your own at www.eyeslipsface.co.uk.

Did you experience the same things as me with this eyeliner?
What are your thoughts on ELF's affordable cosmetics?
Let me know in the comments!

Why not follow Glitterbomb Makeup via GFC or Bloglovin?

14 comments:

  1. Liquid eyeliner is my favourite make-up product too! I just can't live without it *-* I've never tried this elf eyeliner and none of their products but I'm with you...I don't like it when the eyeliner starts to crack or the colour begins to fade =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my absolute faves too :) Feel a bit naked without it! There are plenty of cheap options out there apart from this one
      xx

      Delete
  2. Ah no what a shame! i just bought this in my last elf splurge but hadn't tried it yet - don't hold out too much hope now though xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you get on with it? Have you tried it yet?
      xx

      Delete
  3. I've read about elf's eyeliners a lot and none of them looked worth buying. I have my favourites elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here :) My favourite one at the moment is one from Miners Cosmetics
      xx

      Delete
  4. ahh it's sucha shame that the staying power isn't very good, but it's so impressive that it's really pigmented at first - i wouldn't expect that from elf!

    also, i'm hosting a GIVEAWAY on my blog at the moment with a mac lipstick of your choice up for grabs so be sure to check it out! UK only though!

    katy x

    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ELF has some really great products with equally great pigmentation and quality. This unfortunately was not one of their best! :(
      xx

      Delete
  5. Your eyeliner is so neat!

    Lovely blog, would love you to follow mine back.

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    Frankie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try this, I've been looking for a decent eyeliner for ages! xx
    http://myfashionkicks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I'd go for something with more staying power. You could find loads of alternatives at the same price more or less
      xx

      Delete
  7. I've never tired anything by elf, but I have heard great things. Loved your review, very honest, might have to go see for myself now :) x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ELF have some fantastic products and amazing prices. Definitely check them out!
      x

      Delete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.