Saturday, 27 July 2013

What's in my travel make-up bag?

I recently embarked on my first 'holiday' in about 8 years last week, and of course, I had to take some make-up away with me. Myself, my daughter, Mum, Dad and brother stayed in a caravan in Berwick upon Tweed from Tuesday to Friday - right next to the beach no less! Although it wasn't a massive full-blown holiday, it was still nice to get away and have a change of scenery. There wasn't an awful lot to do in the caravan park but it was enough for the short while that we were there. We went to the beach, arcade, indoor swimming pool, had some of the local Chinese food delivered (nothing compares to the Chinese's here!), and went into town a few times for lunch and dinner. To be perfectly honest, I only wore a full face of make-up about two or three times whilst there, but it's still good to have some trusted beauty products there rather than none. This is the first opportunity I've had since starting my blog to actually post about my travel make-up essentials and as they say, there's no time like the present.










Starting off with the most important step in my make-up routine: liquid eyeliner. It's something I truly could not live without. I feel like myself when I have my jet black winged eyes, and I'm sure many of you feel the same. Miners Define & Line Liquid Eyeliner has great consistency and colour pay-off. The little felt nib brush for application works a treat too. I can't describe exactly what's so amazing about it, but just take my word for it. To compliment my eyes even further, I've been using Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express as my go-to mascara for the past while now. It provides lovely length and volume, without the dreaded clumpiness. Topshop's Cream Blush in Head Over Heels is a truly radiant offering: a coral colour which looks and sits so beautifully on the skin. It's weightlessness is perfect if you want to achieve a minimal look for Summer. If you want your eyes to be minimal too, then MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study is one to try. You can wear it on it's own or layer it with another eye product for longer staying power. If you're anything like me and your T-zone - particularly your nose - can only be described as an oil slick in warmer weather, then you'd rather not sport the heavy-cakey-foundation-melting-off-your-face look. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is a gorgeous, light coverage foundation which also includes SPF 15. This, like every other foundation I've tried, will fade away on me eventually during the heat, but it's more comfortable and doesn't look bad when it does decide to disappear.

NYX has a fabulous array of eyeshadow palettes, and their 10 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Champagne & Caviar is a firm favourite of mines. It's neutral shades enable you to create both a natural or dramatic look. MUA Trio Eyeshadow Palette in Chocolate Box is a relative newcomer to my collection, and I absolutely love these three baked shades. It's pretty compact too, so was easy to pack away. For £2.50, it's mega affordable. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is an oldie but a goodie. I don't own many face powders, but this is the one I will always go back to.

Who wants to have dry, unsightly lips at this time of year? Not I. MAC Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm in Glac√© (see my review here) is a unique baby blue-coloured lip balm that you'll be excited to wear and show off. The next lip product I took with me is also by MAC - their Cremesheen Glass in Fashion Scoop. Every girl needs a pretty, pale pink lip colour in their collection and MAC's lipgloss formulas are always winners for me. Any more MAC products you ask? Well, yes, but of course. MAC Lipstick in Milan Mode is my latest purchase from their permanent lipstick line, so I chucked it in my make-up bag as I was looking forward to trying it out. It's a deep pink/purple shade with a lot of shimmer. Yummy. Next up is my holy grail eyebrow pencil, Shavata Double Ended Eyebrow Pencil in Dusk & Dawn. I only use the Dusk shade, as Dawn is far too red-toned for me. I can only hope that they sell Dusk as a single product for my future repurchase. I've tried out other eyebrow products but nothing compares to this bad boy. I have mixed feelings about this next product, and I really do want to love it. Benefit Fake Up Concealer goes on so smooth and creamy thanks to it's hydrating ring, but it's downfall is that it makes my mascara smudge onto my undereye area, even when I apply powder on top of it. I love using it to cover up any extra redness or blemishes though. Last but not least, we have the Maybelline Master Drama Khol Liner, which I actually did not use on my trip. The reason I did pack it though, is because, it's one of the best eyeliners I've used. It smudges nicely when blended out, and is an amazing deep, dark black which I love to use on my waterline for night time looks.

Are any of your favourites in my travel make-up bag?
What essentials are in yours?
Let me know in the comments!
I hope you're all having an amazing weekend, and well done you if you actually stuck with this rather lengthy post!

Why not follow Glitterbomb Makeup via GFC or Bloglovin?

19 comments:

  1. You picked some good items to take on holiday with you, i absolutely love Topshop Head Over Heels blush such a gorgeous colour and i love the formula too!

    Hope you have a lovely holiday!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous :) and so lovely to wear!
      Thanks xx

      Delete
  2. MAC's Bare Study is such a beaut.. I love everything you took with you <3 xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful. My one and only Paint Pot!
      xx

      Delete
  3. You have some great products, I really want to try fake up. Also, I love your makeup bag! :) xx

    http://imogentreasures.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Topshop cream blushers and the MUA Baked Trios, great pics! I'm glad it's not just me who struggles with foundation in the heat haha.

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh trust me, I struggle greatly with this problem! So annoying!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Really pretty, love the Topshop cream blushers!

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab products to take with you! I've heard conflicting opinions about the MUA trios!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're nothing absolutely mind-blowing but still good in my opinion :)
      xx

      Delete
  7. i love nyx palettes too.
    they are so pigmented <3

    http://drpoisonivy.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are, so are their singles
      xx

      Delete
  8. Hi :)
    Just letting you know that I adore your blog and tagged/nominated you for the Liebster award (sorry if you've done it already!)
    Check out my post here

    Alexandra
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely - so glad you enjoy my blog. :) And thanks for nominating me!
      xx

      Delete
  9. Ah you took such lovely bits with you hun! I really want to try Benefit fake Up, I've heard amazing things about it! :) I also love my Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation, it's amazing <3

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah great choices! Although how do you fit that in the clear plastic bag at the air port? haha xx
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am the biggest eyeliner fan too, Ive never tried that one but will need to check it out now as it sounds fab! X

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.