Monday, 10 June 2013

The Skincare Tag

(Image from Pinterest)

Hello lovelies!
I've recently been a bit obsessed with reading about skincare products, and what works for different people. It's something I used to neglect due to just being young. You don't really care about such things when you're 16. Now that I'm 21 I know how beneficial and important it is to take care of your skin and take preventative action now before it's too late. I hope you enjoy this tag, and I tag every single one of you who takes the time to read my answers. Enjoy!

Describe your skin care routine in 5 words
Cleanse, moisturise, daily, easy, affordable.

What's your skin type?
I have combination skin - an oily nose with dry skin elsewhere and a few flaky patches, the worst being inbetween my eyebrows. Ugh.

What's your favourite skin care product?
Don't shoot me for saying this, but it has to be my precious Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution. It's the best cleanser I've ever used thus far, and I haven't had it that long. 

Top blemish zapper
Quite honestly, I don't have one. On the odd occasion that I do get a spot or two, I leave it to go away on it's own if it's just a red blemish. On the other hand if it's a hideous monstrosity, I will squeeze it. We all do it.

Face wipes - yay or nay?
Yay for simplicity and for when you fall in the door drunk and cannot be bothered using your usual make-up remover. I only use them when I'm being very lazy. The only nay is that they don't really do anything  beneficial for your skin. So, I suppose yay wins overall.

High-end skin care or high-end make-up?
I prefer high-end make-up. I do not like paying through the nose for expensive skincare just to find that it's rubbish. Skincare products can also work very differently for different people. I don't dislike one piece of high-end make-up I own. You all know I'm a make-up freak anyway, so it wins hands down.

What's the most unusual skin care product you've tried?
Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant was an unusual one for me, as I never even knew there was such a thing as a 'microfoliant'. It's designed for daily use and isn't as abrasive as a regular exfoliant, like a facial scrub for instance. It's a white powder and when mixed with water, turns into a kind of paste. It was nice to use aswell.

You're in a french pharmacy and can only pick up one item - what is it?
Bioderma Micelle Solution. I'm sorry. I would rob the pharmacy so I could have all the stock.

Tell us your top skin care tip
I have three for you! Firstly, cleanse and moisturise twice daily, morning and night. Secondly, try not to change up your skincare routine as often as you change your underwear. If my skincare routine is working for me, then I see no point in trying something different. I've read many a time that when people change things too much, it affects the skin negatively and just makes things worse. Last, but not certainly not least, make sure you clean your make-up brushes after every use! You can use whatever works best for you, just as long are they are disinfected and squeaky clean. Using dirty brushes can increase the chance of unsightly breakouts and other nasty imperfections. Who really wants to put all the old, leftover product, oil and dirt back onto their freshly cleansed face? Not moi!

Is skincare important to you? What's your routine?
Let me know in the comments!

Connect with me!
Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram | SheSaidBeauty | Pinterest | Baobella

2 comments:

  1. Love all the little tips you shared. I am a sucker for trying lots of different skin products - which will explain all the bad skin.

    Still need to try Bioderma. Really hope it is worth all the hype.

    Larved the post!

    Salli
    xxx

    www.embracingtheenechanted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Bioderma is truly amazing, I love it. I just got my second bottle delivered today :D
      xx

      Delete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.