Sunday, 23 June 2013

Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Argile Anti-Imperfection Face Masque

I very rarely use face masks. Why? In my experience, they have never done anything worth noting for my skin. My Mum gave me this Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Argile Anti-Imperfection Face Masque to try out from a raffle she had won at a charity night out. The instructions on the back tell you to cleanse before applying, so that's what I did. It also advises you to leave on for 10-15 minutes, and I left it on for 15. One thing I did like about the masque was the smell, which is aloe vera & willow. It also contains Mediterranean clay, evening primrose, rosemary and witch hazel. This is what the brand say the mask is supposed to do for you:
"Enliven your skin and help combat unsightly blemishes with our Aloe Vera and Willow Blemish Mud. Our special blend of nature’s remedies naturally targets your problem areas for a clear and clean complexion. "




Well, here's my problem areas: Redness, broken capillaries, large pores, blackheads, milia and I'm prone to a few spots here and there. Now obviously I don't expect a face mask to completely 100% alleviate these problems, but after washing off the mask, nothing looked any better than it did before. I decided to give it a chance and check out my face again when I woke up the next morning (I applied the mask last night). The only changes I noticed after washing the masque off was that my skin felt slightly tighter, and in quite a nice way. The only 'good' change basically. The negative changes were that parts of  my forehead, cheeks and chin (my sensitive areas, basically), felt and looked a bit irritated. The redness in my cheeks was also worse. The worst part for me was that I developed little red splotches on my forehead, which you will see in the pictures below. Thankfully, they did die down after a little while but it's a scary thing when something is supposed to make your skin look better and there's something unsightly there afterwards that wasn't there before. After washing off, I went ahead with my usual skin care routine.



Above: the bloody red splotches that developed on my forehead!

Queue the next day. My skin is looking exactly the same and I can't see any reduction in blemishes. Perhaps you have to use this a few times to see results? Who knows. I will definitely be doing A LOT of research before delving into the face mask world any further, as this one was disappointing.

What do you think of Montagne Jeunesse face masks?
Did you have a similar experience to me?
Let me know in the comments!

Why not follow Glitterbomb Makeup via Bloglovin?

10 comments:

  1. I haven't liked many of the masks from this range just recently, they are not as good as they used to be xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's not good. :/ I have a dragon fruit one of theirs aswell but I'm a bit scared to use it now!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I do like Montagne Jeunesse face masks but they can be a bit hit or miss, some of them are great and some don't seem to do anything.. Trial and error I think!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I don't want those hideous red blemishes again, that's for sure :(
      xx

      Delete
  3. I like them, only ever leave them on for 5 mins tho! I have no patience :-D my skins more mature...unfortunately. I like that my skin feels cleaner afterwards. Not sure I've tried this specific one buy I really like the clay/mud one. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the feeling when you put on a clay mask and you move your face around haha. It's fun :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Lush fresh facemasks are better chick & its all natural :) one even smells like chocolate! :)

    Kerys x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try some Lush ones, you're right :). Ooooh, will definitely look into the chocolate one! Sounds amazing
      xx

      Delete
  5. I find these to be a bit hit and miss aswell. Although they are more expensive I recently tried my 1st lush mask catastrophe cosmetic and cannot recommend it enough.now following sweet
    Kirsty :)

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one put me right off the MJ brand. I've seen Catastrophe Cosmetic mentioned a lot recently, perhaps it means I need to give it a go!
      Thanks for following :)
      xx

      Delete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.