Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Empties #1






I've been wanting to do an empties post for what seems like forever, and I've finally gotten around to writing this one up. The products I go through most are ones from the shower: shower gels, shampoos, conditioners, etc. They're things that I use almost every day so I go through them rather quickly, plus I have an extra little person in my house who uses some of them - my daughter. I honestly don't think I have ever finished a make-up product, but I am actively trying to use things up and not let them go to waste. So, for my first empties post, as you can see from above, it's practically bursting with shower/body care products. Here are my thoughts and the question that I personally want to know when I read other empties posts: Will I repurchase?

I have sensitive skin in some areas and so does my daughter, so the Sanex Dermo Sensitive Foaming Cream Bath is great for her shower and bath times. It doubles up as both a body wash and a bubble bath and weighs in at a rather large 650ml. You're getting great value with this one. Repurchase? Yes! TreacleMoon My Coconut Island Bath & Shower Gel is a favourite of mines for it's gorgeous smell. I could actually sit and sniff it all day! It's also available in handwash form too, I believe. TreacleMoon's little blurbs on the back of their products are rather amusing aswell: something about Matilda Fizzbucket and garden gnomes?! You'll have to read it for yourself. Repurchase? Definitely! The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Shower Gel is beautifully floral-scented and looks so pretty in your bathroom. I actually thought this was limited edition but it's still on The Body Shop's website, so grab it while you can. I'm really into floral scents at the moment for Summer. They're so light and fresh. This lasted me quite a long time too. Repurchase? Yep. As well as from make-up, I'm also very much into hand products. I love keeping my hands clean and germ-free. Imperial Leather Cotton Soft Hand Wash was just something I picked up on a whim when doing my household shopping. It has a pleasant fragrance, which can only be described as, well, cotton. There's no other way to put it. Asda's website (where I do my shopping) usually has deals on hand washes so I pick up two or three at a time. Repurchase? I wouldn't exactly run to grab it, but I wouldn't have a problem with it being in my bathroom either. Colgate Plax Multi-Protection Mouthwash was again, another whim purchase. I picked it up along with my shopping just because. It leaves a slight bitter aftertaste and I like really minty mouthwashes, because it feels like they've done the job better. Repurchase? No. I like super minty!

I'll admit it - I'm a sweaty Betty, so I like to make 100% sure that my underarms are as fresh as possible for as long as possible. Nivea Pearl & Beauty Deodorant done just that for me. It smells lovely and feminine, and it gets extra points for being a roll-on. I don't like spray deodorants because I feel like they don't half as good a job as roll-ons do. Repurchase? Sure! (Do you like my deodorant pun? No?) Unfortunately, this other deodorant from the same brand didn't wow me. The Nivea Sensitive & Pure Deodorant didn't do much in the way of eliminating perspiration and as I said earlier, I need a deodorant to actually work for me. I don't know if it's because of the 'for sensitive skin' element that it wasn't up to par. Repurchase? Unfortunately not. Going back to the shower gel front, I received the Korres Guava Shower Gel in a beauty box from a few months ago. It's the first ever Korres product I have tried and I was not dissatisfied. This little beauty smells divine and feels positively luxurious too. Repurchase? Yes - loved it! L'Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss Crystal Sparkling Conditioner is a new hair favourite of mines for one reason only - it's GLITTERY! I use it's shampoo counterpart along with it. It doesn't give my hair superior shine, strength or body, but it leaves it's glitter particles in your hair and that's more than enough to impress me! Can you tell I get a bit excited just talking about this? Glittery hair products = the best thing since sliced bread. Repurchase? Do you really need to ask? If you haven't noticed before, I have massive love for The Body Shop as a brand in general, and have never been disappointed with any of their products. The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel is another brilliant product of theirs that can be added to my list of loves. It smells incredibly zingy and zesty. J'adore! Repurchase? Yes. Finally, we've reached the last product of my empties! Molton Brown Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod Bath & Shower Gel was sent to me in a little prize pack I received from a company (I can't remember which, oops). The name alone is rather fabulous and you know you're always getting quality with a brand like Molton Brown. Its fragrance is spicy and different from something I would go for myself usually. Nevertheless, I loved using this. Repurchase? As a beauty blogger I can always justify spending a stupid amount of money on one product, so I may treat myself in the future.

There you have it! I hope you enjoyed reading about my recent empties as much as I had fun writing it.
Let me know in the comments if you've tried anything I've mentioned, and your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. love loreal nutri gloss, it makes my hair super soft and smooth :)
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx
    bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first used it I felt like my hair was softer but after continual use it hasn't done anything special for me I'm afraid. I still love it though!
      xx

      Delete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.