Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream

Hiya lovelies! I'm bringing you a skincare product review today. I hope you find it useful!



48.2g/1.7oz for £27.50

I first tried this product after receiving a sample of it in a past Benefit order. It seemed to be great timing as I was looking for a new moisturiser to combat my dry patches on my face, and my Body Shop Vitamin E moisturiser just wasn't cutting it anymore. This Benefit moisturiser has a lovely fragrance and makes your skin feel soft and moisturised after use. The consistency is thick and creamy and doesn't leave a greasy layer after application. I noticed the next day after using the sample that I had some spots on my face. I thought nothing of it as sometimes I do get spots, and I always get them in the same place. I've used plenty of moisturisers and none have ever had an adverse effect on my skin. I shrugged it off took a very expensive plunge, costing me a whopping £27.50.

The full-size of this cream has beautiful glass packaging and is very heavy, with a cork-effect lid. I continued use over 3 days, morning and night. I think you can guess what happened during the 3 days. More break outs. Great! I've spent all this money on a skincare product and it breaks me out. Sure, it might feel my skin feel nice for a while but the aftereffects for me just are not worth it. As soon as I stopped using it, the spots cleared away themselves. It's sad to give a negative review on a product from a brand that you really do like, but this stuff just did not work for me. You may find that this product works wonders for you and that's fantastic! Unfortunately, I wasted my money here. I don't know exactly what broke me out, but I can only guess and say it was the fragrance.


Pros:
- Makes skin feel nice after use

Cons:
- Very expensive
- Caused me breakouts

Connect with me!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hate when products break me out..sorry about that :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame!!!! This is so expensive too, for a product that doesn't work and gave you break outs :( xx

    Gemma | ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. :/ I've now opted for a Neutrogena moisturiser for a fraction of the price and it's working great!
      xx

      Delete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.