Monday, 6 May 2013

MAC Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm in Glacé / Baking Beauties Collection

Hiya lovelies!
If you seen my last haul, you'll have seen that I was planning on reviewing everything I showed there. I'm starting off with the MAC Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm in the shade Glacé, which is part of the recent Baking Beauties collection. There are three other colours in this line: Baking Beauty (orange), Cheery Cheery (pink) and Sweet Tooth (purple).




Glacé is described by MAC as a creamy, pale baby blue. Although it is a lip balm, it is slightly sticky, and applies as a sheer gloss/balm hybrid. It feels great on the lips, is lightweight and keeps them moisturised. As with most MAC lip products, it has a pleasantly sweet smell. I was instantly drawn to
this shade because of it's uniqueness. I've never seen a blue lip care product before, have you? When looked at inside the tube, the balm has blue and gold microshimmer (sometimes it's hard to tell!) and in the light, I think I can see a tiny bit of it on my lips if I look really closely. The packaging itself is a squeezy tube with a nozzle. This means it's easy to use and hygienic as opposed to a lip balm pot you need to use with fingers. It's also great for controlling how much product comes out. I absolutely adore this product and it has quickly became my favourite lip balm product in my collection. I'm planning on buying the other 3 in this line, but at £17.00 a pop, it's VERY expensive! I remember when I first got into MAC, everything was so much cheaper. I wish it was like that again, but they're still my favourite brand ever.

Pros:
- Gorgeous, unusual colour
- Keeps lips moisturised
- Easy, hygienic application

Cons:
- Expensive for a lip balm

What do you think of MAC's Baking Beauties collection?
Let me know in the comments!


Connect with me!
Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram | SheSaidBeauty | Pinterest | Baobella

8 comments:

  1. the tubes are so cute, but for the price, I could just go to Bath & Body Works, and find one that looks about the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have Bath & Body Works here. Boooo!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi:) Thank you for commenting on my blog :D
    Yea, I can´t wait to wear the bikini, waiting for summer^^

    That looks like a lovely lipbalm, I have just seen photos of the new collection and I think it´s very cute. Don´t know if I´ll be getting anything tho´ :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. :) I really want more things from this particular collection. It's too cute
      xx

      Delete
  3. Awww wow. I saw these and wondered what they'd be like? This looks so gorgeous, and unique! Love love love! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the price is a bit high!!

    xo
    Ange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It just gets worse every year :(
      xx

      Delete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.