Tuesday, 2 April 2013

REVIEW: Carex Grapefruit & Lime Aromatic Hand Gel

Hiya lovelies!
I'm reviewing something a bit different today, but it's something I use on an almost daily basis. This hand gel has been one of my go to products for a while now. I first started using hand sanitising gels back when the crazy Swine Flu epidemic was about. I was pregnant at the time and was really paranoid and scared that I would contract it. I did everything in my power to make sure I was germ-free and this has stuck with me ever since. Carex says this protects you from 99.9% of germs. Good enough for me! I have always been a bit of a germophobe, so this is permanently in my handbag.




There is nothing particularly special about the packaging. It has a cute floral design, and is simple and basic, which I like. The product itself is a yellow liquid with a watery consistency. It definitely has a strong scent when the product is pumped out, but I like it because it smells clean and fresh. As it sets into the skin, the smell becomes very subtle and can only be smelled if you actually put your nose to your hand. I squirt out 2-3 pumps and cover both the palms and backs of my hands. I can't remember when I bought this, but I can tell you that this has lasted for several months. My hands instantly feel cleaner and refreshed when I use this. The only negative I have is that my hands become slightly drier - nothing a good hand cream can't sort out!
Overall, I love this handgel but I am absolutely gutted that I can't find it anywhere online! I know I bought mines in a Tesco store. If you ever spot one of these while you are out or online, please let me know where you saw it.

Check out the Carex range here!


Have you tried this product?
Let me know what you thought of it, and this review in the comments!

Connect with me!

6 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of mini Bath & Body Works antibacterial hand gels that I carry about but I don't use them as often as I should! I should really start - don't want to get sick!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just obsessed with having them in my handbag! My Mum brought me back little Christmas hand gels from Bath & Body Works when she went to Florida. They're all glittery and girly :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds really fresh and I've been looking for a new hand gel. As I'm writing this I'm on the tube with a man who is literally coughing and spluttering everywhere so I definitely need this in my life pronto x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really refreshing. :) Aw man, there is nothing worse! Hope he was covering his mouth haha
      xx

      Delete
  3. Ahh when I saw the pic I got excited that Carex had started selling it again. I used to swear by this stuff and now I can't find it anywhere, gutted. I don't like the scent of the other ones. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm as gutted as you :( I love this stuff. It's still on the Carex website. If I ever find it anywhere online I'll link you!
      xx

      Delete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.