Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Influences of the Internet TAG

Hiya!
I was tagged to do this post by Laura of The Beau Bow recently, and thought it would be something fun and different for you guys to read. I will tagging a few of my favourite bloggers below so keep your eyes peeled. Sorry if you have already done this before! First off, here's the rules:


1) You must state this tag was created by Megan at TheBeautyPier.
2) You must tag at least one person to do this. However, the more the merrier!
3) Let the person know you tagged them with a comment on their blog.
4)Title this post 'Influences of the Internet TAG!'
5) Enjoy!

The Questions...


1. Did other blogs convince you to start up your own?
Not one in particular anyway. The first beauty blog I really looked at religiously was Temptalia (I still peruse sometimes). I still can't imagine a better job than testing out beauty products. Oh, how I would love that. I wanted to do YouTube firstly, but I feel that right now my self-confidence isn't the greatest for that type of environment. I would love to start adding to my channel when it feels right in the future. I figured the next best thing would be blogging, and now I wouldn't have it any other way.


2. Have you joined a site because someone else in the blogosphere did?
Sure. I've seen social networking beauty sites like Baobella and She Said Beauty being talked about by others, which has led me to check them out and join.


3. Is there a tip/regime you've gotten from the internet that you now use?
CLEAN YOUR BRUSHES! Years ago, in my early teens (I can't believe I'm about to say this), I never washed my brushes. Now, I honestly cannot think of anything worse. I clean my brushes after each use with a quick-drying cleaner and do a deep clean every now and again.


4. If your favourite YouTube/Blogger personality likes a product, will that make you buy it?
It won't make me buy it necessarily, but it would certainly make me lust after it and want to try it. I am very much tempted by hype.


5. What do you look for in a blog that makes you want to follow?
A nice, uncluttered layout, good personality and quality content.


6. Have you ever been decieved by a product that you ordered online? (e.g you thought it would be pink but it was coral)
Surprisingly enough, I haven't!


7. Have promo pictures and press releases given you the impression that a product will be better than it is?
Yes. I think everything always looks better in an advert/promo. The only ones that don't fool me are mascaras, because the models are clearly wearing fake eyelashes 99.9% of the time.


8. Is there a product you could give a 'cult' status for being so good that you discovered through the internet?
The Real Techniques buffing brush. It's just my precious baby. It applies foundation like a dream, and is a daily-use tool for me.

9. Is there a product you have tried and hated, but others have loved?
There will always be products that you dislike and others love. So probably everything I have disliked, someone will love. I can't think of any specific examples though. I tried Benefit's Fake Up recently, and on first use was not impressed because it gave me reverse dark circles. I definitely need to experiment more though and hopefully find a way for it to work for me! I like to give products a chance.


10. Is there a Blogger/YouTuber that influences your fashion style? If so, who?
Nope. I don't really follow fashion trends. If I like something, then I'll wear it, whether it's from 5 years ago or not.


11. Is there a Blogger/Youtuber that influences your attitude each day/lifestyle?
Again, no. Sorry my answers for these kind of questions aren't that interesting!


12. How much time do you spend on the internet daily?
It all depends on what I'm doing. I might be out or at work, etc. I'll say a few hours per day at least, including on my phone.

I TAG...


...and also everyone else who reads this aswell. :)
Leave me your links in the comments if you do this!
Have a great day!

Connect with me!

10 comments:

  1. Without blogs or Youtube videos I'm sure I wouldn't buy as much as I'm doing right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree with you! I'm trying to do a spending ban :P
      xx

      Delete
  2. What a fun little tag, I really enjoyed reading it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm you didnt like Fake Up? I keep hearing so many great reviews, I think I'll have to try it myself. I really dislike John Frieda blonde hair products and almost everyone seems to love them!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't find it particularly amazing after one use, but I need to try it out more to form a proper opinion :).
      I used to use John Frieda Frizz Ease years ago but I honestly cannot remember if it actually done anything for me or not!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Yay!! Thanks for tagging me hhe, I will definitely do this, I really enjoyed reading your post! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for tagging me lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.