Sunday, 23 September 2012

Collection Pure Gloss Ultra Glossy Lipgloss

I got a few things from Boots earlier in the week and thought I'd give you quick review on these guys. It says they're new on the website, but I'm not sure how long they've been out for. I got both of these for £3 on Boots.com as they are doing a 2 for £3 on selected Collection 2000/Collection products.


Sweetie - Left / Lollipop - Right


Sweetie
£2.19 / 15ml


Lollipop
£2.19 / 15ml

The first colour (Sweetie) lasted on me for just over an hour. This was through eating and drinking. Both of the shades I tried had a slight vanilla scent but it was more synthetic, than say a MAC lipgloss. Sweetie is a light, shimmery pink and was my favourite of the two. There was no stickyness when tested on my hand or on my lips. Both of them feel wet, rather than tacky, when applied to the lips. They also have a high shine, glossy finish. 

The second colour (Lollipop) lasted on me for 2 hours before I felt like I had to reapply. Again, this was through eating and drinking. Lollipop can be sheered out to a clear gloss, and although Sweetie is a lighter shade, it definitely has better colour pay off. As you can see from the picture, when I swatched Lollipop the colour had separated from the clear gloss. I made sure to shake the tube before swatching again but it gave the same results. I'm not sure if this happened because I'm just at the beginning of the tube or whether this happens no matter how far down you get.

Overall, I'd say these were average lipglosses. I don't mind reapplying lipgloss throughout the day but for someone who likes their gloss to be long-lasting, then I'd say look elsewhere. If you're looking for something quick and easy to apply, then I'd pick a few of these up for the affordable price point.

Naomii xo

5 comments:

  1. Hi hun, know you were interested to see a review on the Barbara Daly lippy so thought i'd let you know this is now live on my blog :)

    I’m also running a giveaway so would love if you could enter! http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/happy-friday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors look really beautiful! :) <3 you're too! ^_^
    I will be glad if you check my blog,

    With love, Minnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely. :) Your blog is SO cute! Following you

      Delete
  3. Great colors! Keep up the blogging!!


    New follower
    xoxo
    Janelle @ GlamorousMama

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.