Sunday, 19 August 2012

Soap & Glory Hand Food

REVIEW: Soap & Glory Hand Food


My first review will be for Soap & Glory Hand Food. As the name suggests it's a hand cream and is described as non-greasy and hydrating, with shea butter, macadamia oil and marshmallow. I've had this since May this year and there's still loads left. You only have to use a small amount for your whole hand so I imagine it's going to last me for quite some time. You can also re-apply as often as you like.

(Click images to see them in full-size!)



 The cream is white, as with most hand creams, and is incredibly moisturising. After you rub the product in, your hands feel immediately smooth and soft. They really feel like silk to the touch. It absorbs right into your skin and is the furthest thing from greasy. I generally apply this once every 3 or so hours during the day. It really just depends on what I'm doing though. I mainly use it at home but I have taken it to work quite a few times as the humidity there can sometimes affect your skin. I wouldn't say I had overly dry hands, but I have some slightly dry patches in between my fingers and this makes them disappear completely. The packaging advises you not to use on damaged or irritated skin, so try and steer clear of any problem areas incase you make things worse. The smell of the product is really the best part for me. The marshmallow is the main smell - it's not overly sweet, it  has just the right amount. It's probably cancelled out by it's slightly creamy/buttery smell.



 The packaging is absolutely adorable. Infact, I adore all of Soap & Glory's packaging. It's girly and retro-looking, which really appeals to me. This would definitely be something I was drawn to if I walked into a shop and seen it. I bought mines online from Boots.com for £5.00. I think the pricing is great, especially for the amount of product you get (125ml to be exact) and considering it's lasting so well I will more than likely repurchase this once it's finished. You can also purchase a miniature for £2.50 (50ml) - this would be great for people who travel often or if you use a smaller handbag. I don't mind bulky things in my handbag so it's not a problem for me to take a full-size out and about with me. Hand creams have never been a big thing for me but it's nice to try something new and even nicer when it's something that you want to use again and again. I'm excited to try more Soap & Glory products, especially their make-up range. If I do make any more purchases, I will post reviews. You can have a look at their products on http://www.soapandglory.com and then purchase from either Boots or Harvey Nichols if you're from the UK. You can also follow them on Twitter for updates (@SoapandGlory). I hope you found this helpful! Please come back for more reviews and videos!

Naomii xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.