Thursday, 30 August 2012

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

REVIEW: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation


Today's review is for Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation, which I purchased last month. I first mentioned it in one of my haul posts which you can check out here. I don't have very many foundations, infact I think I have around 5, so this purchase was just to build up my collection. A full-size bottle is 30ml and is described as being "transfer proof" with a "hydrating & lightweight feel". My colour is 100 Ivory. I bought mines for £6.98 in Asda but you can also purchase from Boots for £6.99 and gain 699 points if you have a Boots clubcard. There are probably other places you can purchase this aswell. As always, click on the images to see them in full size. Let's get going!



The bottle is made from glass and is a little heavy. I don't carry foundation around with me, so it's not a problem for me but it may be slightly bulky for those with small make-up bags. It comes in 6 different shades, and to be honest, they don't cover a very wide spectrum of skin colours, which is unfair to those with deeper skin or extremely pale skin. I like to see brands who cater from the palest to the darkest of skin.


The product applies pretty evenly to the skin which is always good. If you're having trouble with streaky foundation, try patting the product in or switch up your foundation tool. I applied mines on the day of testing with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which is my favourite foundation brush. The foundation dries to a matte finish but is not overly drying. The only problem it gave me is some dryness around my eyebrow area which is something I have always had. If you have very dry skin you may want to try something more moisturising. I wouldn't say this foundation was particularly 'hydrating' as it states on the packaging, because it did slightly worsen my dry patches. With regards to being transfer-proof and lightweight, I would happily agree with those statements. It didn't feel heavy at all and sat nicely on all other parts of my face. I would say the coverage for me was medium, as it didn't cover all of the redness on my cheeks and nose but certainly evened out everywhere else.



I applied the foundation at 13:00 and by the time 15:00 came around, it was still the same in terms of coverage and colour. Now, I never expected this foundation to last all day and I've never used a foundation that lasted all day either, so the fact that it did eventually start to break down was no surprise. However, if you have any recommendations then please share them with me! By 16:00 there was a tiny bit of skin showing through on my nose caused by my oily T-Zone. I generally don't touch up during the day, but had I done so, it would have ruined the whole meaning of a true review, as the whole point is to say how well it lasted on it's own. For the next 2 hours, the oiliness on my nose stayed the same. At 19:00 there was a bit more fading on my nose and also some on the cheeks. I eventually took the foundation off at 20:30, with the end result being shininess on the nose and some skin showing on my cheeks. Any other areas on the face had faded slightly but there was still product there. 7 and a half hours of wear is alright in my books, although as I said before it wasn't a perfect coverage when I went to take it off. If I'm wearing foundation during the day, it's probably because I'm at work or if I'm going shopping, so if the product lasts while I'm out doing these things then that's all I really want. I could care less if it stays on perfectly while I'm in the house doing nothing, to be honest.

Overall, I do like this foundation, but is not something I would repurchase as it didn't do anything amazing to my skin. It gave me the coverage I am generally used to and as with all foundations I have used before my evil T-Zone prevailed in it's oily ways eventually. I'm always looking for the perfect foundation because I have yet to come across one that gives me a flawless-looking complexion that doesn't cost a bomb. If you want to try any other Rimmel products for the face, I highly recommend the Wake Me Up foundation which is one of my favourites. If you would like a review on that, then please let me know.

I hope this review helped any of you who are looking to try this product and that you enjoyed reading it! Please subscribe to my blog for more reviews, and check out my YouTube channel for even more goodies! Have a great day/afternoon/night, wherever you are.

Naomii xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.