Wednesday, 1 August 2012

July 2012 Joliebox

July 2012 Joliebox


I received my Joliebox on time this month but I was at work when the postman delivered it, and had to wait almost another week for my box to be redelivered at a suitable time. Joliebox is £10 a month the same as a Glossybox, plus £2.95 P+P, costing £12.95 in total. You can either take out a monthly, quarterly or yearly subscription. When taking out the yearly option, you get two boxes free which is a great deal. I like to keep all my subscriptions to a monthly basis, though. The concept is also the same as Glossybox: 4-5 deluxe samples a month. From the two boxes I've received so far, I'd say Joliebox is more skincare-orientated. Glossybox may be the better option for make-up enthusiasts, like myself. If you would like a full review on any of the products mentioned, please let me know. Go to www.joliebox.co.uk for more details, or follow them on Twitter (@jolieboxUK).

This is now my second Joliebox and this month's 'theme' is Summer Essentials. In Scotland, we've not had much of a Summer, which is disappointing. It's been raining heavily and the weather is erratic. It could be lovely and warm one minute and then raining the next. I'm not much of a holiday person but it's actually making me want to go away somewhere nice for a change. I'm considering book a week's holiday next year if I can save up enough. Anyway, on to the box...

This month's box:







First product:




Etat Pur Salicylic Acid 300 15ml
Full-size: £12.20/15ml
For spots and skin blemishes

I've never had any major acne problems but I will try this next time I get a spot or a blemish. I gets spots on the odd occasion and they always seem to pop up in the exact same place, which is quite annoying.

Second product:



Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner (No volume provided on packaging)
Full-size: £24/Couldn't find any info about volume on Jane Iredale website
A moisturising, natural self tanner and bronzer for face and body

Again, this is something I would normally go out and buy. I've never had a fake tan in my life nor do I use bronzer, so this one's not going to be of much use to me. I'll probably give it to my Mum since she loves a good tan!

Third product:



WEN by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond and Mint Cleansing Conditioner 60ml
Full-size: £24.95/480ml

I'm curious to see how this works out as I've heard a lot of good things about WEN's hair products. I love trying new products on my hair, so I might use this one tomorrow morning. It smells lovely and minty too, which is nice. It's not overpowering at all - I would say it was quite subtle actually.

Fourth product:




Nailgirls Gold and Bronze nail polishes x 2 (No volume provided on packaging)
Full-size: £10.50/15ml
London 2012 Inspired Collection

I'm also looking forward to trying these out. I like finding nail polishes with good formulas, although for me it's been few and far between. I hate goopy, thick formulas so I'm hoping these are the opposite. I'll need to grow my nails back in as I've went back to biting them recently (gross, I know). I'll give them a try when my nails are long enough and post some swatches!

Fifth product:




Joliebox Toe Separaters

I don't use these at all. I don't paint my toenails very often either, because no one ever sees them, so this one is a bit of a miss for me.

Bonus Product:



Talika Lipocils Expert 2ml
Full-size: £28/10ml

I'm guessing this is the extra product (It says on the product list that there is a bonus product due to some of last month's boxes being delayed). It states on the packaging that you've to apply a coat of formula with the foam applicator and then go in with the mascara brush, but there's no mascara in the box. I'm a bit confused about this one... I'm not sure if it means you've just to use any mascara you have. I'll give it a bash anyway.


Overall, I think July's box is okay. The products were just.. okay. There's nothing in it that I'm overly excited about but I will give everything a try at some point. If you would like full reviews on anything mentioned, please let me know. I like that there is a nice variety of things to try though. It would be a bit boring if it was just a box full of lotions and potions. If you have any questions, let me know!

Naomii xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment that I get on my posts. Thank you so much for all your support. I truly appreciate every one of you! ♥ - Naomii

P.S. Any comments asking for a follow from me will be promptly deleted. My blog's comment section is not there for others to advertise. It's there for people to enjoy and for me to interact with my readers.